SUBMIT TO PRESENT AT OUR CONFERENCE
Hilton Long Beach 701 W. Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA, 90831
May 11 & 12, 2020
Our international Gang Prevention & Intervention Conference focuses on how communities are impacted by gang and community violence, by bringing together experts and practitioners to share expertise and data- proven models in order to improve violence reduction services, practices, and policies around the globe.
Presentation Topics: Interactive presentations should be designed to last 70-80 minutes including a few minutes for questions & answers. Your submission should address one or more of the following:
-Evidence-Based Case Studies
-Promising Practices to Reduce Violence
-Systemic Efforts to Decriminalize Youth
-Faith-Based Approaches to Violence
-Traditional and Non-Traditional Approaches
-Gangs and Domestic Violence
-Mental Health Services in Violent Communities
*We welcome other related topics
-Victim and Survivor Services
-Trauma Informed Approaches
-Criminal Justice Reform
-Research and Evaluation
-School-Based Violence Prevention
-Healing and Forgiveness
FOLLOW THESE 3 STEPS TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO PRESENT:
(click to download)
(click to download)
(2020 Request to Present)
COMPLETE THE REQUEST FORM
FORM TO US
SUBMISSIONS DUE FEBRUARY 14, 2020
Presentations will be selected based on:
• Overall relevance, clarity, and value to conference
• Balance, so that a variety of topics/viewpoints/approaches are represented
• The degree to which the presentation promotes audience interaction
Submission Deadline: Proposals must be received by February 14, 2020
How to submit: Email “Presentation Request Form” to
The form can be found on our website,
Notice of Selection
• The Advisory Committee will review all presentations and submit their recommendations to the Planning Committee for final selections.
• The Lead Contact will be notified of the final decision via email and/or telephone.
• If your presentation is chosen, changes in your presentation’s content (power point, information, hand out, etc.) and speakers (adding or subtracting) after the fact, can change your eligibility, as your proposal will have to be re-submitted as a new proposal.
Support for selected Presenters
• We will waive the conference registration fee for presenters for both days. We regret that we cannot provide travel, lodging, per diem, or honoraria.
• We cannot provide space for guests of the presenter. (This means friends, spouse, staff, clients, etc.)
• Registration provided to presenters is non-transferrable. You cannot give your registration away.
• The conference sells out every year, maximizing the space to capacity; thus, we cannot accommodate unexpected guests or visitors. Please be in touch with the conference organizers as soon as possible at if you need to make a special request.